Are you looking to buy something out of the ordinary as your wedding ring? Tungsten rings are unique and sleek as well as offers many contemporary designs, above all it is priced reasonably. No wonder it is now a popular choice for many celebrities like here www.glamour.com/story/paris-hilton-and-chris-zylka-are-engaged. Though it provides a lot of benefits when compared to other metals like gold, silver, and platinum, there are a lot of myths about these types of bands regarding the removal of it during a medical emergency.
Among the many misconceptions, the most common one is the inability to remove these bands during treatment and hence not chosen by many couples. But the doctors have confirmed that they are safer or as safe as any other metal like gold and silver and because they do not bend the chances of it harming the finger are less as it breaks into pieces without damaging it. Moreover, many tools are available in hospitals to remove the ring safely. Tungsten is a safer bet as it does not change its shape, unlike gold and silver.
● The rings made of this metal do not bend and retains its shape irrespective of the way you use it.
● They are scratch resistant and hence do not require polish.
● Irrespective of when you bought this ring, it will remain as new as it barely loses its shine.
● If your skin is sensitive, tungsten rings work well for you as they are hypoallergenic.
● Tungsten carbide is the most robust form of all alloys and hence not easily damaged.
● These rings cannot be reshaped or resized. Ensure you get it designed and manufactured by a professional as you will want to get the right fit and comfort for your finger. It cannot be resized unless the retailer exchanges the ring for you.
● A few jewelry stores sell cheap tungsten containing cobalt commonly used in bulbs. You should buy a ring made of tungsten and nickel. Though it is more expensive, it is still worth the money.
Frequently Asked Questions on:
Resizing: This is a question most people have, and the answer is no. You cannot resize it due to the property of the metal. Choose the right one which is comfortable as it is essential. Take measurements at least twice and that too at different times of the day as you should make sure to get the perfect fit. Look for a store that will take the right measurements unless the retailer is ready for an exchange. Also look for an outlet which offers a lifetime size warranty.
Scratch: Rings made of tungsten carbide are scratch resistant. The only way to scratch these rings is under extreme conditions. Due to its strength, men can perform all kinds of outdoor activities without having to remove it from your finger which is impossible in other metals like gold or silver.
Tungsten carbide wedding rings are for those men who worry about denting their rings due to their profession. The best solution to this problem is to wear a Tungsten carbide wedding ring which is durable and light on the pocket.